Vitamin D 2000: 120 capsules
The current RDA for vitamin D is set at 200-600IUs for 20 -75 year olds respectively. Vitamin D contributes in multiple ways to the optimal function of the human body because virtually every cell has a receptor for it including the islet beta cells of the pancreas which is where vitamin D has its impact on aiding the production of insulin.2 Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is synthesized in the skin from cholesterol in response to absorbing UVB rays. It gets converted in the liver to 25 hydroxycholecalciferol, known as 25 (OH)D3. In the kidneys it meets up with an important enzyme, 1-alpha-hydroxylase and finally gets converted into its active hormonal form 1,25 dihydroxycholecalciferol, known as 1,25 (OH)2D3, which goes straight to the heart of every cell, the nucleus, and influences its physiology to take the healthy pathways by dictating genetic expression.
New Metabolism Vitamin D 2000 may benefit:
- SKELETAL SYSTEM: plays a role in calcium metabolism, strength of bone and cartilage, teeth and gum health
- Deficiency may lead to: osteoporosis, osteomalacia, osteoarthritis, muscle weakness and pains, periodontal disease, secondary hyperparathyroidism
- GLUCOSE METABOLISM: role in insulin production, improves glucose tolerance
- CARDIOVASCULAR, may reduce: lipid peroxidation, certain types of hypertension, CRP, fibrinogen, IL-6
- IMMUNE SYSTEM, may reduce: inflammation, such as caused by neuronal injury; autoimmune reactions: MS, Type 1 Diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's, ulcerative colitis), lupus, thyroiditis; reduces transplant rejection; cancer risk & development; cancers: colon, breast, prostate, melanoma
- May enhance: vaccines antibody response, NK cell activity
- MOOD DISORDERS: may alleviate PMS and seasonal-affective disorder
- ADRENAL SUPPORT: supports adrenaline synthesis, deficiency may cause fatigue and fibromyalgia like symptoms
- May counteract some detrimental effects of corticosteroids, such as osteoporosis and susceptibility to infections.
As a dietary supplement, take one capsule per day or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Warning: This product contains vitamin K. Consult your health care practitioner before use if you are taking Aspirin, Coumadin, Warfarin, or antibiotics
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings Per Container: 120
|Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol)||2000 IU|
|Vitamin K (as Vitamin K1 Phytonadione)||200 mcg|
|Other Ingredients: L-Leucine, microcrystalline cellulose|
This Product DOES NOT contain:
wheat, yeast, soy, gluten, eggs, dairy, corn, artificial colors, flavors, sugars, or preservatives.
STORE IN A COOL, DRY PLACE. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.